Required Stuffs for Jailbreak 5.1.1 Untethered
1) Any iDevice with any Software version. ( iPhone 2G / 3G/ 3GS/ 4 / 4S ; iPod Touch / iPad 1 /2 /3 )
2) Sn0wbreeze 2.9.5 - TinyUmbrella 6.01.00 - iTunes Latest Version ( Download All Tools here#1 or here#2 )
3) iOS 5.1.1 IPSW File ( Find your Device's IPSW here )
How to Update and Jailbreak iOS 5.1.1 on iDevices
1) After Downloading required tools and IPSW firware file, Plugin your iDevice to the Computer (USB)
2) Launch TinyUmbrella , Click Save SHSH and wait until it downloads the SHSH Blobs (Device ID).
3) Close TinyUmbrella and Launch Sn0wBreeze then click Next Arrow
4) Click Browse for an IPSW then navigate and select the IPSW file that you Downloaded.
5) It will Identify the IPSW Version and Device model. Click the Next Arrow
6) Select iFaith Mode (That will allow to Create Signed IPSW Custom Firmware + Preserve Baseband upgrade).
7) Now Browse and select the SHSH Blob that correspond to iOS 5.1.1 of your Device. (You'll find SHSH Files of tinyumbrella under C:\Users\Username\.shsh (username is your computer username)
9) Now Click Build IPSW and wait until it completes all the process ( 10 - 20 Minutes )
After completing the process you'll notice a new IPSW File in your desktop.
10) Close Sn0wbreeze and Launch it Again. Be sure that your Device is plugged in and Click iReb from the top menu. If it asks for Apple TV 2, simply Click No.
11) Now Follow the steps to put your Device into PWNED DFU Mode (not recovery mode).
- Power off your iDevice.
- Keep Pressing Power + Home Button for 10 Seconds
- Release the Power button and keep holding the Home button for 20 Seconds
You'll see a black screen on your iDevice and iReb is Running in the computer screen.
12) Finally Launch iTunes it will detect your device in recovery mode, Hold Shift then Click Restore
and browse to desktop and select the IPSW Custom firware created with Sn0wbreeze.
Your device is Jailbroken, you'll notice Cydia in the Springboard menu.
Done! If you get Any Error, See Notes below.
Do not use Absinthe Jailbreak, because it Updates your iDevice Baseband which make it impossible to Unlock.
Do not use Redsn0w Jailbreak, because iTunes will keep giving "unknown error occured" with many error codes.
Thanks for following, please Share this Tutorial...